Share

Sunday, August 19, 2012

1999 P Susan B. Anthony $1 Coin

1999-P Susan B. Anthony $1 Coin

So it's Sunday, and I usually don't post on the weekends, but since I've been so busy, this is the only time I've had to produce something on time!  Even though I will usually post something on Saturday, my fiancee and I ended up rescuing a stranded albino rabbit.  The poor thing was pretty scared and looked like it was abandoned by its owner.  So taking care of it and nursing it back to health was my priority last night; rabbits pee and poo everywhere!

So back to the coin, this one was picked up at the border in my usual fashion; as change.  This is only 1 of 2 1999 SBA's that I have, I have around 50-60 other SBA's but they are from 79' and 80'.  The SBA dollar coin has had a very weird production run.  The majority of the coins minted were produced in 79' and 80' with coin minted in 81' for collector sets and then finally again in 1999.  By the time 1999 came around, the amount of $1 coins in circulation bottomed-out and the mint was forced to produce more $1 coins but were unable to mint the Sacagewea Dollar because it did not yet have the authorization to do so, so they made another SBA dollar.  The 1999 is the rarest SBA dollar made for circulation and the 1981 is the rarest in terms of total production figures.  Also, the 1981-P is the rarest of all SBA dollars in terms of production figures from one mint.  So finding an 81 (which is possible in circulation) or a 99 is quite a special thing! 

Here's the stats on this coin:

United States of America - Susan B. Anthony $1 
Date: 1999
Mint: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Grade: XF - AU
KM#: 207
Weight: 8.1g
Content: Copper-Nickel Clad Copper
Catalog Value: Face Value ($1)

No comments:

Post a Comment