Share

Thursday, July 26, 2012

UPDATE! Back from the exam, but off to Chicago!



Hey everyone! I'm back but only for a few hours! I'm taking off to Chicago very soon, but as soon as I get back, I will post more on what I purchased.  Until then, I will leave you with this! I got these at a coin store that I only get to go to every once in a while.  It's far away, but they usually have great coins in their discount foreign coin box.  If you don't know the owner, he will charge you 25 cents a coin, if you do know him, he lets you pick out all the coins you want for $5 a pound.  Very few coin dealers that I know charge such a fair price for foreign coins, one place that I go to charges $10 a pound, and online, you would find a similar price.  So to me, $5 was a bargain, so I picked up  just over 4 pounds of coins, and paid $20.20.  In total, I got 442 coins, so about 100-110 per pound, but if you look at the tally and see how many different countries I found, it was a great deal! I also found some WWI emergency tokens (2 from Germany, and 1 from France).  There are quite a few coins that carry a pretty nice price tag if I sold them (which would never happen), but regardless, I found some stuff that people either overlooked or just didn't know about, but I got the benefit of the bargain for sure!  If any of you have a request for a specific country to start off the next series of posts, please comment and I will do it! Pick one from the spreadsheet posted above and I will get it prepped as soon as I get back!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment