Share

Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Money Magic - Where's George & Where's Willy


If you are into numismatics as much as I am, then you probably enjoy the fun world found at www.wheresgeroge.com.  Every time that I receive a where's george note in my change, I always track it and try to find out where it came from.  Granted, not everyone participates in the currency tracking program, but you get the general picture of where the bill has traveled.  I find the website to be great and really fun.  They have top 10 lists with the top bills and locations and a great forum for those interested in tracking currency.  I have yet to enter my own bills into the system and I think I will shy away from that practice as I don't enjoy defacing currency, but for fun, I like to track the bills that I have found and see where they end up (unless they end up in my collection).

I currently have about 20 where's george notes in my collection, and they are all $1 denominations.  I have never seen a $2 - $100, but I know they're out there.  For those Canadians out there, don't feel so left out, you can also track $5 notes at the companion site whereswilly.com.  Even those who live internationally can track Canadian and U.S. notes.  Here's the deal, everything is color coded, so notes that have been tracked from a U.S. location will have a Green bar, those from Canada will have a Blue bar and those tracked from abroad will have a Purple bar showing its current location.  It's a pretty cool program and the greatest part is that it's FREE! 

I hope that some of you will become interested in this and track some notes! C'mon, it's fun and it was featured on my blog, so it's gotta be important!

No comments:

Post a Comment