Share

Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Money Magic - Coin Shows

Well, after a 2-3 week hiatus, whichever way you look at it, I'm back.  I was trying to figure out a new format for my blog, but instead, I just changed the colors.  If any of you have any ideas, please let me know!

Anyways, COIN SHOWS! If you haven't been to one, then maybe you should go to one if there is one around your area.  Coin shows are great places to meet other collectors and find more dealers in the area.  It is also a great place to find some bargains and unique pieces for your collection.  In terms of bargains, the ones that attract me the most are the foreign silver coins.  Typically they will sell silver foreign coins by their silver weight multiplied by the current price of a silver ounce.  Last week, I went and bought an ounce, well roughly an ounce, for about $32.  The coins, which I will post soon, are nice, not the greatest specimens, but I found them to be interesting.  Additionally, I found some other great pieces for my collection, to help finish some sets that have been waiting to be finished for some time now.

One other tip, if you buy something from a dealer at the show, walk around and buy something again, they will usually give you a discount.  Now if you have established a relationship with that dealer, they will also give you a discount as well.

Here are some sites to check for current coin shows in you area!

http://www.coinshows.com/

Numismaster - Coin Shows

No comments:

Post a Comment